Clemens Van himbeeck
His designs have following common characteristics; innovation for better performance, technical details enhancing the character of the product, refined choice of materials and assembly, elegant in appearance and long lasting.
Clemens holds 28 patents. Due to his focus on technique and experience in material-use in the travel-goods industry, he expanded these qualities in other domains. In 2001 he designed the Brani Belt for the Orang Tiga Company, the first waist belt produced on an industrial scale. This product took the first place in ID award best of consumer goods 2002 (US), beating that year the Macbook and the mini cooper.
Clemens owns 6 red dot awards, proving that his designs are appreciated by the community.
- Red Dot design award Sahora luggage Samsonite Europe nv (spring '04)
- Red Dot design award Brani Belt Orangtiga company (D spring ’03)
- Design award Japan Brani Belt Orangtiga company (J spring '03)
- Winner of European Composite Design award (B autumn '02)
- ID award best of consumer goods 2002 Brani Belt Orangtiga company (USA summer '02)
- Red Dot design award 800 Series Xylem Altair: Best of the Best
- Red Dot design award 800 Series Xylem Thuban:
- Red Dot design award 700 Series X-Pansion SUZUKA and SUGO
- Red Dot design award, Computer cases, Samsonite Europe NV (D '02)
- Red Dot design award, Profline, Samsonite Europe NV (D '02)
- IF award product design Wheeled Garment BagSamsonite Europe NV (D '02)
- IF award product design Mobile Office Samsonite Europe NV (D '02)
- Finalist ISPO international brandnew competition, Brani Belt Orangtiga company(D summer '01)
- Finalist Design Award Dupont ISPO Munchen (D '01)
- Hang On! Table collection, Doctorsbag, Autum selection VIZO (B '00)
- Big Wheel Spark Samsonite europe NV, Ranking design Top 100 selection (D '00)
- Rote Punkt Design award, Big Wheel Spark Samsonite europe NV, (D '99)
Legal Note: Everything represented on this website is copyright of Clemens Van himbeeck, therefore it cannot be copied, reproduced or used by third parties without written approval by himself.